Turkey Mushroom Casserole
- 1 c. Aunt Millie’s Unseasoned Croutons
- 8 oz. pappardelle pasta, or other long noodle pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, or white button, or a mix of both
- ¼ c. dry vermouth
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ½ c. cream
- ¾ c. chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 c. cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta as directed until al dente. Drain. It will finish cooking in the casserole.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan, add the shallots and mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms are browned slightly.
- Add vermouth to the pan, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan, whisking constantly. Cook for 2 minutes. Slowly begin adding the cream, whisking constantly, until blended. Add the broth, nutmeg, and turkey, stirring all together.
- Combine sauce with pasta, and place into a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Combine the melted butter, Parmesan cheese, and croutons. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
| ||Serving Size 1 serving || |
| ||Number of Servings 8 |
| ||Calories 272 |
| ||Calories from Fat 108 ||40% DV |
| ||Total Fat 12g ||18% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 6g ||30% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 0g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 2g || |
| ||Cholesterol 53mg ||18% DV |
| ||Sodium 326mg ||14% DV |
| ||Potassium 54mg ||2% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 28g ||9% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 2g ||8% DV |
| || ||Sugar 1g || |
| ||Protein 12g ||24% DV |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.