Stuffed Pork Roast with Artichokes and Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 oz.) artichoke hearts in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 4 cans (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, or 1 tsp. dried
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 package Aunt Millie's Seasoned Croutons
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, (3-5 pounds)
Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put croutons into a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Add broth, artichokes, mushrooms, thyme, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper and heat to boil. Add the mixture to the croutons in large bowl and mix.
- Lay pork loin on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, make a deep cut into the lower third of the pork loin without cutting all the way through. Open like a book. Make another deep cut into the middle of the larger portion and again open like a book. This should produce a thinner flatter piece of pork loin. If necessary, place a layer of plastic wrap over loin and pound it with a meat mallet to an even thickness.
- Take the stuffing mixture and lay it on the pork roast leaving a 1" border around the stuffing. Next, gently roll the pork loin and tie with butchers twine. (You will not use all of the stuffing mixture.) Bake the remaining stuffing mixture in a casserole dish along with the roast.
- Mix together the olive oil, remaining 1 tsp. salt and pepper, and garlic powder. Rub this mixture over the entire roast.
- Put the roast in a large roasting pan. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, approximately 45 minutes. Let the pork stand for 10 minutes. Remove the twine and slice into individual portions.
| ||Serving Size 1 pork Roast (311g) || |
| ||Number of Servings 10 || |
| ||Calories 690 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 260 || |
| ||Total Fat 30g ||46% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 10g ||51% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 13g || |
| ||Cholesterol 110mg ||36% DV |
| ||Sodium 550mg ||23% DV |
| ||Potassium 820mg ||23% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 28g ||9% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 3g ||13% DV |
| || ||Sugar 1g || |
| ||Protein 40g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.