Shrimp Stuffed Filet Mignon
- 4 (8 oz.) filet mignon steaks
- 4 slices of bacon
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅔ c. chicken broth
- 1 c. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and diced
- 1 slice Aunt Millie's Homestyle Country Buttermilk Bread
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a small baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each steak, and secure with a toothpick. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add steaks and sear on both sides, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer steaks to the baking sheet and let cool while you prepare the shrimp stuffing.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, and cook for 3 minutes longer. Add the chicken broth and stir until thickened.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and shrimp. Remove from heat.
- Pulse the bread and thyme in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add the bread crumbs to the shrimp mixture to finish the stuffing.
- Cut a large “X” in the top of each steak and stuff with the shrimp mixture.
- Bake the steaks for 5-7 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 125 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
| ||Serving Size 1/4 of recipe (375g) || |
| ||Number of Servings 4 || |
| ||Calories 906 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 607 || |
| ||Total Fat 68g ||104% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 26g ||128% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 4.3g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 29.8g || |
| ||Cholesterol 269mg ||90% DV |
| ||Sodium 1145mg ||48% DV |
| ||Potassium 939mg ||27% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 11g ||4% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 2g ||7% DV |
| || ||Sugar 1g || |
| ||Protein 61g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.