- 1 package Aunt Millie's White English Muffins, split and toasted
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 1 c. flour
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp. marinara sauce
- 1/4 c. cream sherry
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, steamed
- 1 lb. bay scallops, steamed
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
Yield: 6 servings
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the shallots and garlic, cooking for 3 minutes until translucent. Add the flour to the pan and stir until well combined.
- While the shallot is cooking, bring the milk and marinara to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, being careful not to let it boil over. Add the sherry and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the hot milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly until the mixture is creamy and thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the shrimp and scallops, then simmer until cooked through.
- Spoon mixture over toasted English muffins, and place under a broiler for 1-2 minutes. Remove and top with fresh parsley.
- Serve while hot.
| ||Serving Size 1 serving || |
| ||Number of Servings 8 || |
| ||Calories 551 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 234 || |
| ||Total Fat 26g ||40% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 16g ||80% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 2g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 7g || |
| ||Cholesterol 148mg ||49% DV |
| ||Sodium 720mg ||30% DV |
| ||Potassium 110mg ||3% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 42g ||14% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 3g ||12% DV |
| || ||Sugar 5g || |
| ||Protein 37g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.