Grilled Open-Faced Skirt Steak Sandwich
- 8 slices Aunt Millie's Healthy Goodness Fiber & Flavor Potato Bread, toasted
- 1 skirt steak, approximately 1 1/2 - 2 lb.
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 cups baby greens
- 4 Tbsp. fried onions
- 4 Tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
- Blue Cheese Dressing
Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- Season steak liberally with salt and pepper, or to taste.
- Grill steak, turning once, 6 - 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let stand, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay out bread slices, then top with greens and tomato.
- Thinly slice steak diagonally. Divide between the 4 sandwiches.
- Top with fried onions, cheese crumbles, and dressing.
- Serve immediately.
| ||Serving Size 1 serving || |
| ||Number of Servings 4 || |
| ||Calories 693 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 405 || |
| ||Total Fat 45g ||69% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 19g ||95% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 3g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 18g || |
| ||Cholesterol 150mg ||50% DV |
| ||Sodium 1316mg ||54% DV |
| ||Potassium 448mg ||13% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 104g ||35% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 5g ||20% DV |
| || ||Sugar 24g || |
| ||Protein 41g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.