Hot Ham and Vegetable Hero Sandwich
- 4 Aunt Millie's Deli Mini Sub Buns
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin (Suggestion: use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 medium red pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced thin (Suggestion: use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin (Suggestion: use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 to 8 oz. of thinly sliced ham (1-2 oz per sandwich)
- 1/4 lb. sliced Muenster cheese
Yield: 4 Sandwiches
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice the Mini Sub Buns in half lengthwise, and scoop out and discard the soft center.
- Place the halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet and broil close to the heat for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute; add the onion and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the carrots, red pepper, and zucchini, and cook uncovered until the carrots are tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, oregano, and black pepper and simmer until heated through.
- Add 1 to 2 oz. of ham onto the bottom half of each sub, and top with the vegetable mixture.
- Finally, top each with cheese.
- Place on a pan and broil for 1 minute, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and top each bun with the toasted upper half.
| ||Serving Size 1 Sandwich (341g) || |
| ||Number of Servings 4 || |
| ||Calories 430 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 170 || |
| ||Total Fat 19g ||29% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 8g ||39% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 2g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 7g || |
| ||Cholesterol 45mg ||16% DV |
| ||Sodium 1330mg ||55% DV |
| ||Potassium 800mg ||23% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 47g ||16% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 9g ||34% DV |
| || ||Sugar 9g || |
| ||Protein 23g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.