Fontina and Parmesan Bread Pudding with Mushrooms
- 8 cups Aunt Millie's Healthy Goodness Light Whole Grain Bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/3 c. shallots, chopped
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black perpper
- 1 c. shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh grated parmesan, divided
- 1 1/2 c. 1% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 c. less sodium chicken broth
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Yield: 6 Servings
- Place bread cubes onto a baking sheet and coat the bread with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and cook until lightly browned and moisture has evaporated. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place half of the bread cubes in bottom of an 11" x 7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange the mushroom mixture over the cubes and sprinkle with the fontina and parmesan cheese. Top with remaining bread crumbs.
- Combine milk, broth, and eggs with a whisk. Pour the mixture over the bread cubes. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining half cup of fontina and tablespoon of parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light, March 2009.
| ||Serving Size 1 bread pudding (260g) || |
| ||Number of Servings 6 || |
| ||Calories 230 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 100 || |
| ||Total Fat 12g ||18% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 6g ||28% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 1g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g || |
| ||Cholesterol 135mg ||44% DV |
| ||Sodium 510mg ||21% DV |
| ||Potassium 430mg ||12% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 20g ||7% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 5g ||20% DV |
| || ||Sugar 5g || |
| ||Protein 17g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.