- 8 slices Aunt Millie's Healthy Goodness Light Whole Grain Bread, cubed
- 2 lbs. tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
Yield: 8 servings
- Chop tomatoes and place into a large bowl. Add the bread cubes, garlic, vinegar, and salt. Let bread absorb liquid for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
- With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil.
- Cover and chill the soup until cold, about 2 hours.
- Divide soup among bowls, and garnish with bacon and sour cream.
- Finish with a bit more olive oil.
| ||Serving Size 1 serving || |
| ||Number of Servings 8 || |
| ||Calories 277 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 180 || |
| ||Total Fat 20g ||31% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 6g ||30% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 2g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 10g || |
| ||Cholesterol 20mg ||7% DV |
| ||Sodium 927mg ||39% DV |
| ||Potassium 27mg ||0% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 25g ||8% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 7g ||28% DV |
| || ||Sugar 4g || |
| ||Protein 8g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.