Banana Stuffed French Toast
- 8 Slices Aunt Millie's Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. sugar or 1/2 teaspoon sugar-substitute
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Maple syrup for serving
Yield: 4 French toast sandwiches
- Preheat griddle over medium heat.
- Lay all the bread slices out on a work surface.
- Mix together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese.
- Top with banana slices and close sandwich.
- Add butter to the griddle.
- In a large shallow bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla extract with a fork.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture.
- Carefully turn and coat the other side of the sandwich.
- Lay sandwiches on the griddle and cook, turning after browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with warm maple syrup.
| ||Serving Size 1 Sandwich (266g) || |
| ||Number of Servings 4 || |
| ||Calories 550 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 210 || |
| ||Total Fat 23g ||36% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 12g ||59% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 2g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 6g || |
| ||Cholesterol 210mg ||70% DV |
| ||Sodium 430mg ||18% DV |
| ||Potassium 420mg ||12% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 76g ||25% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 9g ||35% DV |
| || ||Sugar 34g || |
| ||Protein 14g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.