Cupcake Christmas Tree
- 3 boxes Aunt Millie's Cake Muffins - Your choice of Variety
- Green Icing - Approximately 5-6 cups
- Brown Icing - Approximately 2 cups
- Cake Board
- Various decorations of your choice
- Piping bags (optional)
Yield: 17 servings
- Start arranging plain muffins into a Christmas tree shape, starting at top with one muffin, followed by two muffins, and so on.
- After you have the shape you like, place a small bit of icing onto the bottom of the muffin cup, and press down onto the cake board. Start at the top once again. (This will help keep the muffins in place as you frost them.)
- Frost the entire tree with the green icing. If you are using a piping bag: Fit the bag with a large plain tip, and fill the bag with green icing. Starting at the top, outline the entire tree on the outer most rim of the cupcakes, After you have made it all the way around the tree shape, then begin filling in the middle of the outlined tree. Using a spatula, spread out the icing to nicely cover the tree.
- Frost the stem of the tree with the brown icing. If you are using a piping bag: use the same procedure as above.
- Decorate as desired. We used a star-shaped sugar cookie for our top. We also used gold tube frosting for the garland, and used ornament-shaped candy. We then covered the tree stem with crumbles of Aunt Millie's Brownie muffins.
| ||Serving Size 1 Cake Muffin (191 g) || |
| ||Number of Servings 17 || |
| ||Calories 740 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 290 || |
| ||Total Fat 33g ||51% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 10g ||52% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 15g || |
| ||Cholesterol 35mg ||12% DV |
| ||Sodium 380mg ||16% DV |
| ||Potassium 410mg ||12% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 113g ||38% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 4g ||18% DV |
| || ||Sugar 95g || |
| ||Protein 5g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.