- 1 Package Aunt Millie’s Old-Fashioned White Dinner Rolls
- 3 c. 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- ½ c. seedless raisins
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Whiskey Sauce (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and butter a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Tear dinner rolls into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Cover bread with the milk and let absorb for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until thick and creamy. Add pecans and raisins, and pour over soaked milk and stir until mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- 1/3 c. water
- ¾ c. butter (cut into 12 pieces)
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon whiskey
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar with the water. Bring to a boil without stirring.
- Insert a candy thermometer and let simmer until the mixture reaches 238 degrees, about 4 – 5 minutes. Remove the thermometer.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter all at once. Stir until the butter is completely melted.
- Mix the bourbon and cornstarch together, and then add to the mixture.
- Return the sauce to the heat and cook until it boils and remove from heat.
- Cool slightly and serve warm over the bread pudding.
| ||Serving Size 1/12th of recipe (228g) || |
| ||Number of Servings 12 || |
| ||Calories 640 || |
| ||Calories from Fat 217 || |
| ||Total Fat 25g ||38% DV |
| || ||Saturated Fat 10g ||51% DV |
| || ||Trans Fat 0g || |
| || ||Polyunsaturated Fat 2.7g || |
| || ||Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g || |
| ||Cholesterol 110mg ||37% DV |
| ||Sodium 291mg ||12% DV |
| ||Potassium 208mg ||6% DV |
| ||Total Carbohydrate 94g ||31% DV |
| || ||Dietary Fiber 2g ||9% DV |
| || ||Sugar 70g || |
| ||Protein 10g || |
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.